Under the direction of the Manager, responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting new programs and modifications to existing programs from a given set of requirements. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
- Develops and maintains user-facing features from a given set of requirements, wireframes, and designs.
- Bridges the gap between graphic design and technical implementation.
- Works with back-end developers to integrate front-end and back-end code, ensuring design integrity.
- Participates in design, code and configuration reviews.
- Analyzes, reviews and rewrites programs and systems to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements either internally or through a BOH contracted vendor.
- Optimizes web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Ensures system, application configuration, and/or program code produced individually or by vendors adheres to the Bank’s standards and applicability to business requirements.
- Provides logic, screen flows, and diagrams depicting data integration and flows from technical specifications.
- Develops and maintains documentation of all technical development and subsequent revisions.
- Reuses existing components in new designs and develops new code for reuse.
- Maintains and enhances third-party software.
- Participates in application and systems installations and upgrades, including security and program configuration and maintenance for business applications and databases in production, development, test and disaster recovery environments.
2. Production Maintenance
- Supports the production environment; logs and tracks problems; responds to questions and support requests and ensures the production environment meets service levels established with business units.
- May lead problem analysis, initiate corrective actions and resolution and ensures status updates are provided to those impacted in support of the Information Technology (IT) Service Level Agreements.
- Assesses and communicates impact of user problems. Assigns outstanding problems to the appropriate support group/individual, and ensures priorities and deadlines are established.
- Performs regular follow-up according to procedures, and confirms resolution with user prior to closing the problem reports.
- Monitors system performance levels and develops the appropriate alerting and reporting processes.
- Implements program/system updates and enhancements in accordance with corporate policies and IT standards.
- Assists in application system updates to current revision levels and ensures that processes are in place such that similar updates are applied to the underlying infrastructure and associated interfaces.
- Maintains documentation of IT procedures, system configuration standards, maintenance and upgrades.
- Follows risk management guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with applicable BOH policies.
- Adheres to test plans incorporating Corporate Testing Standards.
- Independently performs testing activities.
- Works with business partners and IT teams to identify and define processes for acceptance testing and reviewing results.
- Participates in design and pre-implementation walkthroughs.
- Works with Business Partners and IT staff members to provide a test environment.
- Ensures that testing results are documented and that testing approvals are received.
- Analyzes problems and ensures resolution.
- Participates in the development of application recovery plans.
- Ensures application recovery plans are reviewed, tested, and documented according to corporate policies.
4. Systems Analysis
- Provides systems and/or process analysis and design to meet functional and organizational requirements.
- Provides input and recommends alternative solutions while costing/estimating.
- Incorporates Bank of Hawaii information security policies and procedures into all system designs.
- Incorporates the reuse of existing components within designs where feasible and efficient.
- Supports full systems life cycles which include hardware or software replacement and redesign.
5. Business Partnership
- Maintains a positive business relationship with business units and partners.
- Works with business users to understand their needs and define requirements for new or existing applications and systems.
- Communicates project status and schedules proactively.
6. Vendor Management
- Serves as a primary interface with vendors or other service providers, ensuring maintenance of vendor and Bank relationships.
- Assists in managing vendor to deliver agreed-upon service levels and delivery commitments related to systems performance.
- Initiates communication with vendor and, if needed, escalates with vendor management for problem resolution.
- Assists in the development of Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposal (RFPs), and business cases.
- Participates in evaluation of vendor proposals and performance, taking into account corporate strategy and IT architecture standards.
- Participates in team events and projects.
- Educates users on systems and processes, and acts as an IT consultant.
- Provides cross training with other team members to maintain effective back up.
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of new technology. Takes initiative to become educated and knowledgeable on topics that pertain to technology and role.
- Monitors trends and new developments in specific technologies.
- Develops and communicates career goals to management, works with management to develop plan for achieving career objectives.
- Participates in interviews and selection of prospective new staff members.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
2. Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in software development. This should include project/process management experience.
3. Technical Skills: Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers in a networked environment and with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software. Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software and systems. In addition, should have most or all the following knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of key design principles
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Understanding of SEO principles to ensure developed code will adhere to them
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Azure DevOps
- Experience with Episerver CMS is a plus
4. Ability to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed and assigned.
We are committed to fully complying in letter and in spirit with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We also foster a drug-free work environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.