Website Decision Research Corporation
Job Title: Network Manager
DRC is looking for qualified individuals to join our team as a Network Manager. Ideal candidates must possess a solid understanding of the technology and hardware/software platforms and have solid leadership and delegation skills.
We are looking for an experienced Network Manager to oversee our day-to-day network operations team. In this role, you will collaborate with our data and technology team to ensure our servers are running properly. You will help manage our network, installing new hardware and software when necessary, training staff on upgrades, and monitoring the system to ensure there are no lapses in service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assess the organization’s network and computer system needs and upgraded as needed.
Assist in network design and implementation.
Recommend proper software and hardware such as routers, hubs, hard disks, wires, etc., for networking understanding the type and use of the network
Troubleshoot any hardware and software problems at the end users site and make sure that there is no problem in accessing any resource for end-users
Update the systems regularly with antivirus, firewall, and spyware and protect any viruses and breakdowns in the network
Maintain remote monitoring systems and keep track of the use of resources provided to the employees and the end-users
Sets authentication and authorization and restricts users from accessing important and vital information available
Maintaining computer networks and systems including software, servers, VPNs, routers, and other physical hardware
Installing and configuring network equipment to update or fix hardware or software issues
Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for computer systems and networks
Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades
· Ideal candidates should be a good team member and able to manage a team.
· Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Sound knowledge of the software and hardware used in the network systems and well- acquainted with the advanced technologies
Proven network engineering, operations, and performance analysis skills.
Ability to use the available resources wisely and establish efficient networking systems.
Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
Regularly update knowledge about the new and advanced technologies available in the market and use these technologies in the designs
Expertise in identifying problems in the existing systems and upgrade them.
Experience in supporting Microsoft Exchange, Window Servers and Active Directory. Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 preferred
Knowledge of networking services and protocols. Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching.
Experienced in endpoint protection and VPN solutions
· Ability to problem solve and think critically.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, managerial and supervisory skills.
- Performs other related duties as required
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, or a related field
· Five years of related experience required.
· Experience working with networking protocols, including TCP/IP, MPLS, and MP-BGP
· Current Microsoft Certification Preferred.
· Experience as a Manager or Team Lead.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs at times.
Position requires occasional nights/weekends work and on call availability
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com