Solution Engineer – State and Local Government (Hawaii)
As a GIS subject matter expert, you are a natural at identifying the right analysis tools for the problem at hand. Not only do you create innovative solutions, you talk about solutions in ways that get others excited about the power of GIS technology. Join an account team and advise customers on their most complex business challenges. Leverage your problem-solving skills to demonstrate the value of GIS and how it finds unique patterns, trends, and understanding.
At Esri, we are committed to our customers and their success. It is a place for you to do your best work and partner with our customers amid a supportive culture that encourages creativity, collaboration, and passion.
This is a home-based position in Honolulu, HI.
- Build relationships. Present, demonstrate, and support selling Esri software and solutions as part of the account team. Support your team as you help plan and execute sales strategies.
- Be an expert. Become a subject matter expert of state and local government, well as a technical expert of ArcGIS. Speak confidently with customers about Esri technologies and thoroughly communicate the Esri message. Be a visionary for your customers anticipating their needs and the technology trends that may impact them.
- Solve problems. Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to our customers by addressing the critical challenges they face. Define and deliver strategies to customers that align Esri technology with their business.
- Tell our story. Present technical demonstrations of proposed solutions to customers. Successfully design presentations for technical and non-technical customers. Provide best practices related to the use, deployment, and administration of Esri technology. Present at conferences and trade shows.
- 3+ years of experience with Esri technology creating maps, performing spatial analysis, and configuring web applications
- General understanding of ArcGIS from an IT context (such as hardware, storage, security, networking, web services, virtualization, cloud computing)
- Experience in technical consulting or conceptual solution design
- Experience with geodatabases and underlying DBMS technology
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in or supporting state and local government
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues related to Esri application deployment and system architecture
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms
- Understanding of sales and business development processes
- Experience incorporating real-time information streams with existing GIS data and IT infrastructure
- Basic understanding of artificial intelligence/machine learning concepts
- Experience deploying or working with ArcGIS Solutions
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $72,800.00 – $120,640.00.
To apply for this job please visit www.esri.com.