I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults, analyzes, plans, designs, recommends, reviews, programs, tests and monitors services related to intermediate to complex applications systems, including but not limited to applications programming, software development, software design engineering and web development as applicable.
- Assists in formulation of procedures and best practice for users of applications.
- Participates in information system planning with assigned area(s), both short and long term.
- Serves as a resource in setting priorities and recommending technical directions based on programs, systems, services, resources and available technology.
II. Typical Physical Demands
- Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
- Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
- Frequent: walking.
- Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
- Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
III. Typical Working Conditions
- Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences/Computer Science or related field; four (4) years work experience in comparable job may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Training or experience in advanced analysis and design techniques.
- Based on area of assignment, must successfully complete and maintain certification(s) in the application(s) assigned, and as may be specified per the training agreement.
In addition to educational requirement, minimum one (1) year experience in information systems in two (2) or more of the following areas: applications design, selection, implementation and support, on line transaction processing systems, systems software, performance evaluation and tuning, automated systems and operations, system integration, artificial intelligence, expert systems, and design, implementation, tuning and support.
Experience to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of computer technology as related to telecommunications, networks or client operations.
- Good understanding in multiple areas of hospital systems, including business/clinical information systems and technological aspects that affect the organization.
- Depending upon area of assignment, experience in a specific area of IT may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Seniority Level: Entry level
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness, Medical Practice, Hospital & Health Care
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.