Website Times Supermarket
Hawaii’s favorite supermarket
Department: IT Division
Direct Supervisor: Director of Information Systems
FLSA Status: EXEMPT
Job Summary: The IT Support Specialist provides technical support for the companies IT systems. Support includes Identifying and resolving problems at store level, help with analysis of new systems, keep security levels and PCI compliance, and helping support all other store systems. The IT Support Specialist also helps support the office staff with other various IT related systems.
Essential Job Duties:
- Configure and maintain hardware and software for Point of sale equipment
- Installing, maintain, and support other store and office equipment.
- Design, configure and test new equipment for the stores and office.
- Provide support services for systems maintenance
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components
- Work with third party vendors to resolve equipment problems. Help identify the scope of vendors help.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement
- Research new technology and implement it or recommend it’s implementation
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures
Other Job Duties:
- Participate in purchasing decisions for equipment and software
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records
- Recommend changes to improve for software and hardware
- Confer with Company users about how to solve system problems
- Maintain logs related to store equipment
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs
- Any tasks as deemed necessary by management
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to safely lift 40-50 lbs unassisted
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Drive to different locations when needed
- Ability and posses acceptable communication skills to clearly and professionally communicate in both verbal and in written in the English language
- Must posses a pleasant, patient and friendly attitude towards vendors, subordinates, co-workers and customers
- Ability to listen to directions and follow through independently and as a team member
- Attention to detail is a must
- Highly organized
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work on average, a minimum of 45 hours per week
- 24/7 on call for emergencies necessary
- Office and Store environment
- Fast-paced environment
- Air Conditioned 60o – 75o F
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in the IT field is preferred
- Reliable, good team player, that can work unsupervised
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well and met the needs of the company goals
Compensation: Starting rate (as deemed by current pay schedule) or commensurate with experience.
The preceding information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.