Website Hawaii State Judiciary
Information Technology Support Technician III, SR-17
Recruitment Number 21-058TY
Summary of Duties
Serves as an independent worker responsible for assisting an IT Specialist in conducting studies of work processes, procedures and operations of simple complexity to determine user’s needs; developing applications for micro computer users utilizing various micro computer software in a localized environment; managing, operating, maintaining and monitoring of information technology resources which includes mini/micro, mainframe, network, and other computer systems, application software, peripheral devices; providing training and assistance to users on basic system procedures and a variety of mini/micro, mainframe, network and other computer software application programs; writing and editing procedure language; and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education Requirement: Graduation from high school or GED.
Specialized Experience: Three (3) years of experience in an IT operational entity which demonstrated knowledge of mini/micro, mainframe, and/or network computer components and involved the use of:
- networking equipment (e.g. modems, line drivers)
- various mini and micro computer application programs (e.g., word processing, database, spreadsheets, electronic mail)
- peripheral equipment (e.g., laser printers, disk drives, UPS – uninterruptible power supply)
Substitution Of Education For Experience
- Successful completion of a two-year degree (e.g., Associate’s Degree) from an accredited technical school, college or university in a Computer Science or Information Technology/Electronics/ Networking Technology related field may be substituted for one (1) year of Specialized Experience.
- Successful completion of a certified program (e.g., Microsoft Windows NT; Novell Netware, etc.) and passing a series of proficiency tests administered at an official testing center which resulted in becoming a certified engineer (e.g., Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Certified Novell Engineer) may be substituted for two (2) years of Specialized Experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Electronics/ Networking Technology related field or comparable major from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of Specialized Experience. Supplemental Information
Substitution of Education for Experience: If you are using education or training as a substitution for experience, you must submit a copy of your official transcripts, diploma, certificate, degree, or certification at the time of application. Failure to do so will result in no credit being given for education. If you are selected, we will need an official transcript (not a copy) indicating the completion of the required training or course work and the awarding of the appropriate degree, certification, or other credential.
Any additional information may be attached to your online application, submitted by email to Recruitment@courts.hawaii.gov, or mailed to the following address: Hawai`i State Judiciary, Human Resources Department, 426 Queen Street,First Floor, Honolulu, Hawai`i 96813.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.