This position provides second-level hands-on support of IT systems and applications for external Managed IT customers. Additionally, this position acts as the senior escalation point for all Managed IT customers, responsible for the monitoring and management of servers and workstations.
- Provide remote & on-site support for customer locations — 20%
- Maintain queue of trouble tickets – resolve trouble tickets forwarded/escalated by first-level support group; responsible for timely and effective closure of hardware and software issues – 20%
- Administer and manage IT assets and licenses, active directory, and other processes and systems for Managed IT customers. — 10%
- Research and troubleshoot escalated issues from first and 2nd level support; this involves testing software configurations in lab environment; examples would include production applications not working properly or software the company is evaluating for production purposes – 20%
- Assist in Windows Server \ Azure \ AWS configurations- installing operating systems and configuring standard departmental software – 20%
- Support customer IT projects – 10%
Two years of College or Technical School resulting in an Associate’s Degree or equivalent
Certifications, Accreditations, Licenses
- Preferred certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE): Windows Server
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP): Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Google Cloud Services: Associate Cloud Engineer
General Work Experience
6 to 7 years
Special Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience working in a Managed Services environment supporting multiple clients through automation and efficient work processes
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills for operating systems, standard applications, and PC hardware
- Knowledge of Windows 10 operating systems and domain structures
- Knowledge of Windows 2012 — 2019 Server operating systems and domain structures
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services server hosting, provisioning, and support
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure hosted servers hosting, provisioning, and support
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Services hosting, provisioning, and support
- Knowledge of Exchange, Outlook, and Office 365
- Good written and oral communication skills required to communicate action items taken to resolve IT-related issues to end-users in terms easily understood
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 helpdesk, responsible for resolution of server and client level issues, application, and printer issues
- Desktop support, responding to and resolving server level PC, application, and printer issues
- Installing operating system and configuring standard departmental software
- Experience and knowledge of active directory
- Experience and knowledge of asset and license management
- Experience and knowledge of WSUS and SCCM
- Experience with mobile devices (IOS, Android, Windows)
No supervisory responsibility
- Requires the use of cell phone for communications during regular and after business hours
- May require after-hours/weekend work
- Considerable amount of lifting (up to 50 lbs.), walking, and keyboard data entry required
- May require working in confined spaces under and around desks
Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii’s consumers and businesses a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mālama Hours Program, Employee Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.