The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. The Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
The qualified individual should be able to operate, manage, and support data center services according to best practices and company policy that meet business continuity requirements and administrative needs. They must also be able to work both in a cooperative team environment as well as individually to oversee the design, implementation and support of data center operations. A strong degree of creative, “out of box” thinking, flexibility to expand oneself outside of the job description, attention to detail and self-motivation are required. The candidate must also possess strong communication skills to broker inter-department engagements and leadership ability to accomplish company-wide objectives. Additionally, ability to define and document complex designs and architecture standards is mandatory.
- Responsible for ensuring that data center support resources are available 24 x 7
- Ensure service quality, as well as manage and provide timely support to users, stakeholders, and other support teams
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the networks configurations, network enabling services, and systems to assure compliance with the security policies, and other common industry best practices
- Manage data center hardware, operating systems, and applications including capacity planning, staffing, and logistics
- Manage service availability, capacity, and reliability of service delivery to stakeholders, users, and other services; Develop and maintain service level agreements (SLAs) and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs)
- Assist in the development of root cause analyses and manage completion of corrective actions for data center services
- Develop, maintain, and ensure adherence to consistent practices for the implementation and change of data center services
- Provide recommendations to management regarding industry best practices
- Assist in developing and managing the budget for ongoing technical operations of the data center
- Assist in the development of technical requirements, business plans, and proposals, including planning and design of technical projects, vendor selection, and cost/benefit analyses
- Manage relationships with external vendors to budget and procure hardware, software, and services
- Track and report progress on projects and daily technical operations
- Keeping current with industry standards, trends, evolving technologies, and best practices in order to fulfill these duties
- 2 to 3 years of work experience
- 5 years of experience in relevant IT technologies with emphasis on planning and managing an enterprise-level data center
- 3 years of direct supervisory experience
- In-depth knowledge on SAN devices, scalability constraints and design
- In-depth knowledge on network devices, scalability constraints and design
- In-depth knowledge on server hardware, scalability constraints and design
- Strong background with System Center tools; such as SCOM, SCSM, SCORCH, SCDPM, SCCM, SCAC and SCVMM
- Any scripting language experience to monitor system performance on myriad of data center infrastructure/environment
- Daytime schedule; occasional work nights and weekends. Available 24×7 vial phone or email.
- May require working alone
- Work may be performed in an enclosed area lacking windows
- May require late hours and weekends to complete assignments and projects
- Indoor work – Exposed to indoor conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, various lighting conditions, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, functions and tasks
- Requires alertness and attention to detail
- Work may be performed at various locations under varying conditions
- Requires considerable standing, sitting, and reading paper documentation and electronic communications
- Required to meet multiple priorities and project due dates
No Supervisory Responsibility
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.