Pacxa currently has an opening for an entry-level Software Developer for product development and client implementations. This position will play a primary role on our cross-functional SCRUM team and candidates must be interested in working closely with a small team (4-6 people) of technical individuals to produce excellent quality products and implementations while focusing on code reusability and flexibility.
Successful hires in this position are generally computer science graduates looking for training and experience as a professional software developer. They are self-motivated, interested in the process of developing complex software systems, and enjoy collaborating with other technically minded people. They also have strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Pacxa hires talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours per week. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Pacxa currently has a temporary telework policy in place.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred or IT related discipline; minimum 3.5 GPA preferred.
- Possesses a conceptual understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Introductory familiarity of SQL.
- Strong technical mind-set, including problem solving, trouble shooting, logical reasoning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be productive as an individual and working on a team.
- Demonstrates leadership potential.
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross-platform compliance and insuring the availability of necessary resources.
Department Training & Benefits:
- Training and Professional development highly encouraged
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences and seminars)
Pacxa’s Work Environment (Remote and/or in Honolulu):
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Working with other intelligent and motivated team members
Benefits & Compensation:
Pacxa offers full-time employees medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 401k plan with employer matching.
The entry-level Software Developer position pays an annual base salary of $47,000 – $57,000, based on experience.
Mainland candidates with ties to Hawaii and seeking opportunities on Oahu are welcome to apply. Submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org