Pacxa is looking for an experienced Senior Developer to be responsible for software code development on projects and supporting various development tasks. The Senior Developer duties include writing code, analyzing data, integration with OEM applications, documentation, and contributing to the design and implementation of software. To be successful, the Senior Developer must be team oriented, able to identify high-level functional and technical requirements, interact with project managers to plan project schedules, provide quality assurance review, and be willing to learn new technologies.
Pacxa hires talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours per week. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Pacxa currently has a temporary telework policy in place.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in an IT related discipline preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant software development experience including 2 years of integration with OEM applications.
- Required experience with software development methodologies from waterfall to agile. Experience in Scrum implementations is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated documentation skills
- Required experience in software design including library and component reuse as well as industry standard design patterns including MVC or applicable alternatives.
- Required experience with application integration using Web Services and REST.
- Experience with SQL utilizing Oracle, MySQL and/or Postgres.
- Prefer experience with operating in a Linux environment.
- Ability to create and maintain design and operations documentation.
- Experience in high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
- Ability to use version control software such as GIT and CI/CD pipelines for application deployments.
- Willingness to expand development skills to support additional products and solutions as needed.
- Equivalent amount of education, experience and/or training will be considered.
Department Training & Benefits:
- Training and Professional development highly encouraged
- Paid time for individual training and/or projects throughout the year
- Other professional development opportunities (such as conferences and seminars)
Pacxa’s Work Environment (Remote and/or in Honolulu):
- Quiet, relaxed & collaborative workspaces
- Working with other intelligent and motivated team members
Benefits & Compensation:
Pacxa offers full-time employees medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 401k plan with employer matching.
The Senior Developer position pays an annual base salary of $75,000 – $85,000, based on experience.
Mainland candidates with ties to Hawaii and seeking opportunities on Oahu are welcome to apply. Submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org