Website pacxahawaii Pacxa
We make technology work for Hawaii!
Responsible for coordinating and supporting projects with various degrees of complexity and
scope. Associate Project Managers will assist experienced Project Managers. May serve dual roles to not only manage projects within authority level, but also be responsible for delivery of services as a result of the scope of assigned projects. Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives, performs business analysis, and helps create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Works in conjunction with project owners to ensure quality service delivery. Strives to maintain and foster successful relationships with internal customers in the organization. Assist with distribution of project tasks and responsibilities to appropriate areas. Ensures that the project team responds to and addresses inquiries and customer requests in a timely manner and helps coordinate project resources appropriately. Reports and escalates project issues to management as needed.
Responsible for the following primary activities:
• Responsible for partnering with stakeholders and project leads to deliver successful client
engagements, manage resources, and develop and enhance processes that align with PMI
• Manages all stages of the project lifecycle through a structured delivery approach.
• Plans and oversees projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget while
proactively managing scope creep.
• Oversees project team members also engaged in these activities.
• Ensures project goals and objectives, timelines, and project deliverables are being delivered
following high-quality standards.
• Utilizes project management tools, techniques, and methods in the delivery of project
• Promotes project management best practices and follows project standards, approaches,
templates, and methodologies.
• Tracks all project actions, change requests, issues, risks, and determines mitigation plans for
successful project implementations and keep all parties informed on impacts to schedule
and budget. Monitors and manages the escalation and resolution of inquiries and requests.
• Facilitates decision making, problem solving, and brainstorming sessions or workshops to
ensure project goals and objectives are achieved.
• Prepares status reports and communication plans, monitors progress, and keeps all
stakeholders informed. Oversees project team members also engaged in these activities.
• Coordinates (and if needed drafts) the development of documents, manuals, training
materials as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of process of
system to clients.
• Clearly communicates the progress of on-going initiatives to internal and external
• Facilitates a collaborative environment with team members; business and technical owners;
and other stakeholders to establish a culture of trust and open communication.
• Identifies areas for improvement of PMO framework and processes after each engagement
to ensure a continuous improvement philosophy is followed for consulting services.
• Represents Pacxa in a positive and professional manner.
Secondary responsibilities include:
• Client requirements gathering and definition both on and off-site.
• Client support both on and off-site.
• Client training both on and off-site.
• Detailed client ready documentation for all phases of a project.
• Identifies solutions that meet client requirements and that are feasible to implement.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with clients, internal staff, and technology partners
both verbally and through written communication.
• Keep current with application software technologies.
• Project Management
• Effectively communicates on-going progress with clients, internal staff, and technology
partners both verbally and through written communication.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business or IT related discipline required or 1 to 3 years’ experience
in providing IT consulting services.
• Preferred associate project management certification or equivalent industry experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Basic understanding of project management methodologies and use of project
management tools (e.g., MS Project, Smartsheet, MS Teams, JIRA, SharePoint, and Visio) a
• Experience with project management and software development methodologies such as
waterfall Agile / Scrum, hybrids, and SDLC methodologies a plus.
• Process modeling and business process documentation experience a plus.
• 1 to 3 years’ experience managing the entire life cycle of a project for system
implementations is highly desired.
• PMI certification highly desired.
• Valid Hawaiʻi driver’s license and use of own vehicle required.
This position requires proof of vaccination. The Company requires that all employees be
vaccinated or be approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Pacxa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit pacxa.com.