DRC provides global enterprise level software solutions to the financial services industry. DRC is currently looking for energetic, fast learning, and qualified individuals to join our team as a senior application developer. This is a full time position in our Honolulu, HI office.
DRC uses a number of various programming languages and technologies, including Microsoft .NET. Qualified applicants should be able to quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary and should be able to demonstrate during the interviewing process their proficiency with the above technologies. Experience working in teams developing enterprise commercial grade transactional software systems is required.
- Work with business team to understand and interpret customer system requirements
- Design, develop, test, and debug enterprise software solutions
- Develop documentation and participate in code review
- Lead project-based teams
- Create documentation for training (i.e. user manuals, technical manuals)
- Experience with design and documentation of software
- A bachelor or master’s degree in ICS; MIS; Information Technology Management; Engineering or Mathematics with strong computer skills
- Self-motivated, excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and ability to learn new technologies quickly and work well in teams developing enterprise commercial grade transactional software systems a Small team lead role experience is a plus and the ability to work well in a team as well as individually
- Experience with Agile software development life cycle
Ideal candidates must possess a solid understanding of the technology and platforms available in the P&C Insurance industry, knowledge of the insurance vertical and its rating and policy administration solutions. Must be skilled in working within a business group to understand and interpret workflow and business rules. Effective oral & written communication skills are essential, position will entail drafting process design, business rule, and requirements documents. Must be able to plan and direct analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Bachelor’s degree or relevant advanced degree.
Primary duties include:
- Analyzing client’s business functions in order to develop new or modified information processing systems.
- Consulting with clients, business unit management, systems analysts and programmers on the business needs and objectives and to design and develop automated business systems to fulfill those needs.
- Writing and maintains functional specifications for new or modified business systems as well as tracking and documenting changes to those specifications.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
- Creating or assists others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Preparing time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Knowledge or experience using Microsoft products: Windows, Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Independent, self-motivated. Ability to Travel.
This is a full-time position in our Honolulu, HI office. Please apply and include source code “WB0321” in the note field.
To apply for this job please visit www.decisionresearch.com.