Kamehameha Schools offers a variety of educational programs and scholarship services for Hawaiian learners of all ages across the state.
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!
Kamehameha Schools is hiring 2 new Senior Digital Content Strategists to support our Digital Strategies and Implementation Department.
This position manages collaborative digital media and e-publication projects from strategic conception with appropriate internal and external partners, to multimedia product development, to dissemination through strategic digital and other distribution approaches, and ensures content cohesion and logistical coordination among multiple projects, stakeholders, and collaborators.
Manages the design, creation and refinement of multi-media products that engage, reinforce and invigorate Hawaiian cultural and language vibrancy; that strengthens collective community engagement around Kamehameha Schools’ goal of nurturing ‘ōiwi leaders in keeping with the strategic directions of Kamehameha Schools and its community partners engaged in shared KS and community programs and projects. Multimedia products envisioned include graphic design, publications (print and digital), illustrations, photography, videography (documentaries, creative storytelling pieces, vignettes, montages, short promotional pieces, etc.), and other cultural-educational materials for use in virtual or in-person contexts.
This position also focuses on directing and delivering experiences and engagements through a variety of strategically selected and cultivated virtual platforms for targeted audiences to address specific project and program goals of KS and its community partners. Leads digital development work and collaborates with internal staff and appropriate community partners on project teams to identify and implement effective strategies for designing and delivering powerful digital experiences to meet desired outcomes.
Management & External Coordination
- Manages third-party vendor contracts and in-house Kamehameha Schools (KS) resources, allocates and deploys resources as needed on a per-project basis.
- Creates and manages budgets for projects.
- Works closely with attorneys and the appropriate KS legal counsel to ensure digital experiences adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, and KS policies.
- Manages the planning and execution phases of projects assigned by division leadership
- Coordinate with various content creators, educators, and school leaders within the Kaneokana network, and other community partners regarding all aspects of capturing film footage, images, interviews, etc. involved in content creation, including plans to ensure sensitivity in cultural matters, to prioritize the real time instruction occurring (i.e., not being a distraction to actual instruction being captured), to facilitate the development by the school of related collateral material, and other specifics unique to each project.
- May lead project teams and direct work of internal staff.
Multimedia Content Creation
- Leads the creation of professional, polished video products in support of cultural-educational programs and initiatives in collaboration with internal KS teams and external KS community partners related to specific program and project goals. Includes video capture, editing, and post production work.
- Performs graphic design and layout of works involving a range of textual elements.
- Designs and develops appropriate content and messaging in alignment with project or program goals and objectives.
- Integrates photography, illustration, and audio elements to enhance products.
- Monitors technological trends to position products developed at the leading edge of multimedia delivery.
Technology Integration, Delivery and Engagement
- Applies expertise in understanding various digital content delivery platforms and approaches to strategically deliver content to targeted audiences to achieve focused goals.
- Monitors social media trends and opportunities to ensure strategic and effective use of online dissemination channels.
- Ensures effective and easy access of online content for targeted audiences through skillful use of appropriate social media, web, and other multimedia platforms.
- Designs graphic elements for use in varied online and print contexts.
- Creates and codes effective messages for mass communication through social media, email, or other campaign and communication platforms.
- Delivers messaging and shapes an experience for virtual and in-person audiences.
- Develops and implements strategies for increased engagement among a variety of audiences in digital media including web, social media, virtual applications, etc.
- Directs and delivers experiences and engagements through a variety of virtual platforms or in-person experiences enhanced via virtual elements.
- Manages virtual platform operations, social media functions, virtual engagement technologies (virtual engagement environments), and streaming technology.
- Manages all technical aspects of virtual engagement contexts, including connecting with partner organizations and setting up webinars, virtual conferencing, film screenings, online concerts, website interactivity, etc., at times accommodating multiple languages.
Minimum Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Media Arts, Graphic Design, Digital Design, Digital Studies, Digital Technologies, Digital Design, Web Technology, New Media Design, Media Arts, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of practical experience in the field with diverse portfolio and demonstrable expertise in at least two of the following: video production, graphic design, virtual engagement, and website construction.
- Expertise in developing and disseminating multimedia products such as video pieces, digital educational materials or other products.
- Expertise with digital technologies, business applications, or graphics software, applying the most up- to-date industry standards and trends.
- Expertise with marketing and community distribution channels for multimedia products.
- Deep familiarity with and engagement in formal or informal efforts to strengthen Hawaiian culture, ʻōlelo, and ‘āina-focused education, engagement, and advocacy.
- Expertise in working on collaborative projects with multiple stakeholders, especially those with whom Kamehameha Schools engages as community partners.
- Ability to harness creative ideas, visionary insights, and a deep base of Hawaiian cultural knowledge to create compelling multimedia content and to identify and implement effective delivery methods to impact intended audiences.
- Commitment to excellence with a high sense of accountability.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Planning proficiency to enable timely delivery of products and a comfortable pacing for project teams.
- Applies good judgement and social engagement skills to work effectively with and to lead collaborative teams
- Ability to follow guidelines and to work effectively under the direction of KS division and enterprise leaders and to communicate effectively with leaders to ensure product and delivery alignment with division and enterprise priorities and goals.
- Ability to problem solve and be self-motivated to achieve project goals.
- Facility in using team communication tools such as Slack, Basecamp, etc.
- Technical knowledge: SEO, accessibility, animation, special effects, mobile development.
- Expertise in core Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Ability to develop animated video products.
- Familiarity with video game development and interactive educational products.
- Demonstrated commitment to Kamehameha Schools ‘ mission, and the mission and vision of Kanaeokana, a network that Kamehameha Schools participates in as a member and that Kamehameha Schools supports and facilitates.
- Familiarity with video game development, and interactive educational products.
- Established working relationships with potential individual contributors and partner organizations.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Frequently sits, performs desk-based computer tasks and grasps light or fine manipulation, talks and listens.
- Occasionally lifts and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to conduct physical activity, including twisting, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, climbing, reaching or working above the shoulder, or grasping forcefully.
Working Conditions (including Environmental Conditions)
- This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands (including camping or other on-ʻāina contexts) to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours but evening and weekend hours are often required to meet goals and objectives.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com or 808-534-8040 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
To apply for this job please visit ksbe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.