Do you want to work for a forward-thinking IT organization that invests heavily researching new technologies to provide customers with reliable solutions?
Join a fun and dynamic tech support team as a Systems Administrator helping designing and maintaining systems and networks for clients in different size organizations and industries. Seeking knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, well-versed candidates with can-do attitudes. You will be working with server and desktop systems, routers, firewalls, backup systems, cloud solutions and other technologies. Work with an award winning team and bring your career to the next level with exposure and experience in IT support across industries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: This system administrator ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures are functioning at client sites.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues and may lead staff in completing projects. Project lead activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development of solutions; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Project plans and strategies must be verified by Systems Engineers or supervisors.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other HTS staff members, teams, and their services to clients.
- Provides design and operational services for Information Technology products and services. Design services include determining appropriate hardware and software solutions for customer specific applications.
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, software, services and security in accordance with operation requirements.
- Perform system monitoring and problem remediation to maintain the integrity and availability of server and network resources. This includes reviewing system and application logs, verifying scheduled jobs, performing hardware and software fixes and patches.Also performs ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization.
- Perform security monitoring to identify possible vulnerabilities or intrusions.
- Records required customer and problem information in Work Order System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Resolves Level 2work orders. Elevates complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution. The Systems administrator is expected to handle most assigned problems with escalation only of advanced or complex issues.
- Meets with customers to gather customer requirements and with supervisor create solutions in-line with HTS recommended and standard solutions.
- As assigned, lead project teamsincluding hardware and software deployment and upgrades
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users’ problems through verbal or email follow up.
- Works on related projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Support, train, and provide guidance to Help Desk Technicians and peers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience in installation and maintenance of server and network infrastructure solutions and related software. Bachelor degree with a technical focus (engineering or computer science) preferred. A minimum of five years of direct IT experience is required. Duration as Systems Administrator runsfour to six years.
The following certifications or equivalent knowledge is applicable to this position:
CCNA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Server and O365),MCSE, ITIL, Vendor specific training
This position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate in a non-condescending manner.
This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring decision-making authority regarding requirements, procedures, work plans, and scheduling. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there may be no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. The Administrator may be on their own in solving problems and determining satisfactory solutions. Ability to work independently and in a team setting is imperative.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to learn and support new and quickly-changing technologies.
- Ability to design technical solutions that meet customer requirements and HTS procedure and best practice guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- Familiarity with a wide range of technology including network, server, storage, backup, virtualization, cloud and other infrastructure areas.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language in order toprovide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Needs ability to use a keyboard and to enter and retrieve data.
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone.
- Lifting and/or carrying of 15-30 lbs. or more and the pushing and pulling of carts when necessary.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in small spaces
Send detailed resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.hitechsupport.net.