University of Hawaii Foundation
Division: Communications and Marketing
Full-time, Exempt Status
The Web Manager has primary responsibility for the organizational web/online strategy. The web manager develops and maintains the University of Hawai‘i Foundation (UHF) external websites: uhfoundation.org and uhalumni.org.
Associate Vice President of Communications & External Relations
Site development & design
- Continuously develop and maintain the UHF website to be functional, appealing, mobile responsive, and exceptionally user friendly.
- Develop, manage, and process content and images for the UHF website; design engaging layouts and homepages that appeal to target audiences.
- Work closely with the Communication team and other departments to assist in determining and refining content strategy, website structure, content, navigation, and feature sets as well as the integration of other online tools to further organizational and business needs and goals.
- Work closely with the Communication team to develop and document style guidelines for website content, ensuring consistent look and feel through uniform formatting, imagery, and design that is integrated with the organizational brand.
- Ensure editorial integrity and accuracy for all online content by identifying and fixing mistakes; proof, edit, and craft online content in partnership with team members.
Site maintenance & CMS
- Promote and recommend progressive and relevant online systems and web technologies to enhance and streamline the overall online presence and to improve the online user experience.
- Identify, configure, and implement new features and solutions; understand and coordinate integration with third-party APIs as needed.
- Develop and implement procedures for ongoing website review and revision. Create and manage an annual website content audit process.
- Work with IT to develop and test website recovery procedures.
- Stay informed of CMS updates, upgrades, bug fixes, system enhancements, and their operational impact; recommend the use of relevant new features; work with IT on CMS updates and perform user testing.
- Gather, analyze, and document user feedback to identify and address areas of poor usability and/or user experience.
Stay abreast of industry best practices and trends for web.
- Ensure ADA and website compliance with accessibility regulations.
- Ensure website features are cross-browser compatible.
- Provide counsel to website managers in UH units to help with their digital communications efforts and to ensure incorporation of best practices.
Develop, track, analyze, and generate reports on site usage, web marketing campaigns, website performance, and other metrics to inform website changes and improve the user experience.
- Manage and refine the workflow of donor e-communications.
- Develop and deliver donor-centric email marketing communications (newsletters, announcements, publications, etc.) as needed.
- Ensure email marketing templates are responsive and compatible across the major email clients (desktop and mobile).
- Provide training on templates and ongoing support to UH partners on strategic use of digital communication to promote fundraising and affinity with UH. This involves working closely with associate director of alumni relations – communications.
The Web Manager will meet annually with his/her supervisor to put in place a plan for the year. At the end of each year, the Web Manager and his/her supervisor will review progress toward the annual goals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in web and UX design and layout.
- Working knowledge and experience with Google Analytics.
- Must have experience with CMS development, upkeep, and usage. This includes customizations, theme and plugin implementation, and enhancements. Experience with Drupal and ExpressionEngine a plus.
- Must have familiarity with ADA compliance, web accessibility standards, and search engine optimization strategies.
- Must have knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and experience in addressing these issues.
- Must have experience working with email marketing platforms. Experience with MailChimp a plus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and have the proven ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines.
Based at the First Interstate Building at 1314 S. King Street, Suite B, Honolulu, HI 96814, the Web Manager will work primarily in an office environment and will need to sit or stand for extended periods while either working at a computer, attending a meeting, or performing desk work. The Web Manager may need to visit areas of the University campus, as well as locations in and around O‘ahu. The Web Manager must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record or must have an acceptable mode of transportation. The Web Manager may need to work weekends and evenings and must be able to work to the demands of the position, which may exceed a 40 hour work week.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.