JOB SUMMARY – SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
The Social Media Manager (SMM) is a role that entails the experience, creativity, and the ambition to independently manage and implement client’s social media marketing programs.
The SMM understands client’s strategic goals, and can efficiently implement the day-to-day activities on social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, etc. The SMM understands and keeps up with social media trends, and has the ability to apply new ideas to client accounts.
The SMM is versatile and demonstrates experience in several industries that may include travel, hospitality, health care, retail, nonprofit, food, design, and staffing. The SMM understands how to reach a variety of audiences, and how to craft messages unique to those audiences.
Only candidates who complete the application on wahinemedia.com will be considered for an interview!
- 3-4 years of experience in social media management / implementation for a business or multiple businesses on a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Due to a new project with the State of Hawaii, preference will be given to candidates with experience working with the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Due to our high amount of clients based in Hawai‘i, candidates must have experience with or live(d) in Hawai‘i and be knowledgeable with Hawai‘i’s unique culture and customs.
- Due to our human resources and benefit limitations, all candidates must reside in Hawai‘i or California.
- Experience in developing clients’ strategic goals, brand voice, editorial calendars, engagement strategies, content development approach.
- Experience with social media management tools including Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook native scheduler, Falcon, Spredfast, AgoraPulse, Short Stack, Sprout Social.
- Experience with photography, videography, graphic design, and creating moving content (multimedia).
- Experience in monitoring, engagement, or customer service on social media.
- Experience in blogging, from topic development to publishing and SEO optimization.
- Experience in social advertising, from ideation and strategic approach to implementation and analysis.
- Experience in social media metrics, analytics, and reporting.
- Experience and understanding of social media best practices.
- Experience in client facing situations and ability to lead social media update meetings.
CORE SKILLS & JOB TASKS
- Understands clients’ strategic goals, brand voice and specific needs, personalities, and preferences.
- Thinks strategically, is 3+ steps ahead of the present.
- Thinks about a social media program cohesively—from target audience to content, advertising to analytics, and can mold the program to optimize all facets.
- Keeps up with social media marketing trends and platform features, and applies them strategically to clients’ projects.
- Self-starter—combines a high level of adaptability, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Seeks out responsibilities and does not have to be told what to do.
- Does not ask questions that are Googleable.
- Develop plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish their work.
- Is adaptable in their schedule, is not locked in to a 9-5 schedule, and independently puts the time in where it’s needed to get the work done.
- Thinks creatively—develops, designs, and creates fresh ideas for content.
- Can create content in multiple mediums—photography, videography, graphic design, and multimedia.
- Can create aesthetically pleasing and dynamic content to suit all social media platforms—specifically has extensive experience with Reels and Stories on Instagram, and can create TikToks that engage.
- Is an excellent creative writer, and can author captions that make people smile, laugh, feel, and take action.
- Collaborate with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
- Communicates information in a timely manner—informs and/or updates the executives, peers and clients on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Has an “all hands on deck” mentality and is willing to contribute to make the business succeed as a whole.
- Develop strong, trusting relationships with client while providing support during strategy, ideation and execution.
- Work in tandem with Partners to manage client expectations, bringing concerns to clients’ attention before they become problems, with solutions.
- Understands a client’s social media program from A-Z and can lead social media update meetings.
- Be present and assist with strategic meetings with clients.
Implementation & Hard Skills
- Develop content for multiple clients—curate, author, and design new content that is “social” in nature, speaks to each respective brand voice and drives fan engagement.
- Take on the “voice” of multiple clients with an affinity for communicating with enthusiasm.
- Design and maintain editorial calendars for a variety of clients—ensure most effective mix of content, optimal publishing times and voice that maximizes engagement levels.
- Utilize 3rd party social media management tools to pre-schedule and maintain posting calendars.
- Monitor and engage daily (M-F) on client’s profiles—serve as community manager by engaging with fans, facilitating customer service issues with client.
- Manage client’s social media advertising spend for promoted posts and ad campaigns.
- Manage client’s contests, giveaways, or engagement campaigns as needed.
- Compose monthly reports and analyze social media metrics to help inform future posting decisions, identify future approaches and foresee opportunities.
- Monitor competitors and brand perceptions as needed.
- Contribute original blog content to Wahine Media’s website.
- Experience with Discord.
- Knowledgeable in going LIVE on social media including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience with updating content on websites from WordPress, Shopify, and SquareSpace.
- Weekend or off hours work.
- On site visits for client meetings.
REQUIRED TOOLS FOR TELECOMMUTE POSITION
- New model computer (2 years or newer).
- High speed internet.
- Access to backup computer in the case your primary breaks or needs repairs.
- Quiet space to conduct or be present in video conference meetings.
- For daily tasks—no office, no parking, no business casual, we have been a telecommute company for over 12 years!
- Most if not all client meetings will be video conference—occasional client meetings will require face-to-face contact.
- Telecommute has tremendous value and savings in gas, car wear and tear, clothing, and time spent commuting. The average savings for telecommute employees per year is $12,000 – $15,000 per year. We take this savings into account when evaluating salaries.
- We have few tasks that require a specific time of day to complete.
- We are not a 9-5 company, we are a “get ‘er done” company. We put the time in where it’s needed to do a great job.
- We are ideal for people who have dynamic family schedules and need the flexibility to accommodate.
- We’re passionate about our clients and live & breathe the client experience.
- You’ll get to be creative on a daily basis.
- We are picky about who we bring on as a clients—you’ll be working with reputable and exciting brands.
- We are not set in our ways and always open to new ideas.
- We believe in autonomy, and reward ambition and taking initiative.
- We’re transparent—what we learn, you will learn. When we succeed, you succeed.
- We support your growth and will pay for training opportunities or industry events.
- We have fun! While we don’t do many in person team meetings, when we do it’s at the beach, pool, or local restaurant.
Medical, PTO, Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
- After 1 year of employment: 10 days or 80 hours
- After 2 years of employment: 12 days or 96 hours
- After 4 years of employment: 15 days or 120 hours
- After 6 years of employment: 18 days or 144 hours
- January – New Year’s Day
- January – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February – President’s Day
- May – Memorial Day
- June – King Kamehameha Day (observed)
- July – Independence Day (observed)
- August – Statehood Day (Hawai‘i)
- September – Labor Day
- November – Veterans’ Day
- November – Thanksgiving
- December – Christmas Eve
- December – Christmas
- December – New Year’s Eve
To apply for this job please visit wahinemedia.com.