Website HwnElectric Hawaiian Electric Company
Powering the islands.
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii (HI), US, 96814
We recognize our competitive advantage — our people. We believe in our people, who share our vision of meeting the needs of our employees, customers, and communities and who carry out the continued success of the company.
Our employees are committed to the company’s foundational values: integrity, excellence, teamwork, environmental stewardship, and community commitment. In turn, we invest in our employees, providing opportunities for challenge and advancement and offering a competitive compensation package.
BRIEF POSTING DESCRIPTION:
The P 4W VP CYBER RISK MANAGEMENT Department of the P VP CYBER RISK MANAGEMENT Division at Hawaiian Electric Company has 1 Management vacancy available. This position may be filled on Oahu, Maui, or Hawaii Island. (Role: PROFESSIONAL)
Plans and designs Company’s cybersecurity architecture (infrastructure, desktop, network, wireless, Operations Technology (OT) and application level components) with the objective of maximizing the usefulness of the Company’s information technology while creating secure and defendable operating environment for organization. Collaborates with Architects in the Telecommunications, Information Technology and Services (ITS), Software Application Services (SAS) , Enterprise Architecture and Planning, and the Operations Technology. Develops security solutions and guidance for network architecture, technology direction, acquisition plans, standards, migration strategies, and contingency plans. Provides technical leadership as a Cybersecurity subject matter expert for Company strategic decision making to project planning and implementation.
- Collaborates with the Chief Information Security Officer and Company leadership to develop a system-wide security architecture strategy/plan and corresponding architecture requirements, procedures and guidelines, with the objective of maximizing the value of information technology while minimizing the cost, time and effort required to implement said technology. Strategies and plans are based on the IT, OT and Telecommunications and operating units’ technological direction and is an end-to-end view that includes hardware, software, operating systems, application systems, platforms, networking, interoperability, contingency arrangements, and directions for acquisition of technology resources. Advises client and project teams on how to integrate security concepts and strategies with and leverage existing IT architecture.
- Solely and/or in collaboration with other groups, teams, clients (users of various levels up thru executives), vendors, project teams, and/or consultants, analyzes work processes automation proposals, data requirements, and/or customer needs. Proposes technical security solutions to meet said needs or improve work processes that integrate well into the overall IT technical architecture. Performs detailed cost justification, analysis, and work estimation of medium to high complexity information systems, including new system design, development, modification or integration of existing systems and data structures. Proposes process improvements to enhance security and reduce risk. Participates, as needed, in departmental task forces and cost/benefit reviews.
- Works closely with management and IT staff to analyze existing and emerging technologies and security techniques and concepts. Recommends pilots, prototypes, and/or adoption of new security technologies. Develops plans to help determine which security technology direction is appropriate for the business and IT, OT and Telecommunication units to achieve company strategic goals. This includes security technologies that have the potential to create business opportunities and the architecture, technology direction, and migration strategies of infrastructure, application, and desktop components.
- Provides feedback regarding technical capabilities and performance of Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber Operations (CO) staff to IA and CO management for performance evaluations. Recommends project and post system launch security staffing levels. Assists with project budgets and forecast development. Mentors staff on emerging technologies. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Work solely or in concert with others to author requisite security documentation to meet a variety of company needs, be it text for rate case or project filings, responses to information requests from interveners, decision synopses, department/team strategies, etc.
- Participates in Company emergency response activities as assigned, including any activities required to prepare for such emergency response.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of information, data and office technology management normally acquired through college level courses or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of utility business, business and/or engineering principles & practices.
- Extensive or advanced knowledge of business software solutions and architecture.
- Extensive or advanced knowledge of one or more and working knowledge in all of the following technical disciplines: Unix, Active Directory Windows Server infrastructure, Storage Area Networking, TCP/IP networking, Internet technologies, network security architecture, cryptography, application security best practices, desktop operating Systems, mobile devices, application virtualization, application delivery mechanisms, Service Oriented Architecture, Business Intelligence Systems, Database Management Systems and systems development.
- Conceptual knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), physical and logical information security issues and trends
- Conceptual knowledge of utility business and related Operations Technology Systems (SCADA, DCS, etc)
- Ability to translate business requirements into security technical design and maintain comprehensive technical documentation.
- Ability to develop security configuration standards and guidelines.
- Ability to identify security constraints or gaps in business requirements and effectively communicate issues/risks to management.
- Ability to keep abreast of ever evolving and emerging security technologies.
- In depth knowledge of people, processes, and technologies in use within multiple teams within the division.
- Ability to translate security requirements into technical design and maintain comprehensive technical documentation.
- Ability to identify system constraints or gaps in security requirements and effectively communicate issues/risks to the project manager in a timely manner.
- Senior level skills on one or more IT disciplines; Application Development, Infrastructure, and/or Desktop
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbal and written communication.
- Leadership skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals, occasionally dealing with sensitive, difficult, or confrontational issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and persuade various groups or individuals.
- In-depth analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills to handle various projects and programs.
- One or more of the following required; CCIE Routing and Switching, CCIE Security, JNCIE-SEC, JNCIE-ENT, GIAC Security Expert (GSE), Offensive Security Certified Professional OSCP
- Extensive (10 or more years) supporting development of network, system, telecommunications and security infrastructure.
- Extensive (10 or more years) analytical experience in simple to complex systems
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
Work Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Lunch: 30 Minutes
Location: HECO Alii Place – Oahu, Maui or Hawai’i Island
Hiring Range: The hiring range for the Cyber Technical Architect [Req ID 8182] position is 113,600.00 to 147,600.00. The person selected will be placed according to his/her skills and qualifications.
About Hawaiian Electric Companies
Hawaiian Electric Companies provide electricity and services to 95 percent of the state’s 1.4 million residents. The company is also one of the state’s leading employers and a major contributor and supporter of community and educational programs.
The demand for power that has fueled the growth of the Hawaiian Islands has been met by Hawaiian Electric Companies for well over a century. And as the next millennium unfolds, the company is committed to providing quality service and seeking clean local energy sources to power generations of Hawaii families and businesses to come. Visit us at http://hawaiianelectric.com.
Interested individuals should apply online. The application must clearly indicate the demonstrated experience/knowledge/skills/abilities the candidate possesses which specifically qualifies him/her for the position.
Should there be no candidates with this experience, the company may consider applicants without such experience who meet the knowledge/skill requirements. If such a candidate is hired, he or she will initially be placed on a development plan commensurate with his/her education and experience level.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hawaiianelectric.com.