Location: Honolulu, HI 96819
Compensation: $45,000-$55,000 per year
Hours: Monday to Friday, 08:00-17:00
The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to support and maintain organizational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational workstation equipment while ensuring optimal performance. The position will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via ticketing system) in a timely and accurate fashion to deliver required service levels. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate strong initiative, a passion for technology, the desire to teach and to learn, awareness and empathy for user needs, and the ability to tailor technology solutions to the company’s goals and needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
· Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot workstation hardware, mobile and peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products to deliver required desktop service levels.
· Build, install, and repair tailored workstation configurations based on Microsoft Windows and Microsoft 365.
· Collaborate with IT and inter-departmental team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop computing environment.
· Test and maintain network interfaces and termination points.
· Utilize and IT Asset Management system to track inventory and equipment status.
· Process and triage incoming support requests via email, Teams, and phone call.
· Utilize ticketing system according to standards and procedures.
· Work with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
· Follow policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including laptops, desktop management tools, vulnerability, and patch management experience.
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems Windows 10 deployment.
· Proven track record of meeting SLAs and Service Desk deliverables
· The desire to provide world-class customer service.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
· Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Demonstrated experience developing technical skills and knowledge.
· Extensive application support experience with Help Desk ticketing systems.
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems, Windows 10/11 deployment, and Microsoft 365
· AA or BS in computer science, information technology or related field preferred.
· The ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
· The ability to sit, crouch, bend, and reach for extended periods of time
· Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, Vision, and Dental.
· Flexible Spending Account options for Medical and Dependent care.
· Supplemental Benefits
· 11 Federal Holidays
· Paid Time Off
· Competitive 401k plan with match
Approved Transportation and Warehousing, Ltd., part of The DeWitt Companies, is a fourth-generation family owned group of companies that include: DeWitt Move Worldwide, Royal Hawaiian Movers, Royal Alaskan Movers, DeWitt Guam, and Approved Forwarders.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a current resident of Oahu, HI?
- What is your last IT project you worked on either at home lab, school or work?
- IT related work: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.