We are looking for a Data Analyst to turn information into critical knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. You will drive Business Intelligence solutions through all stages including inception, technical design, development, testing, and delivery. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical, soft, and analytical skills. If you’re motivated and inquisitive, HFA is an excellent place to grow your career with a flexible and partial remote role.
At HFA, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. We are a locally owned food distributor in business for 20 years specializing in highly perishable foods sourced locally and from the West Coast United States. We provide staples (e.g., baked goods, fresh milk & eggs) and a variety of quality products to our customers (leading clubs, grocers, retailers) throughout Hawaii. Come Grow with us and work for one of Hawaii’s Top 250 Companies!
Perks: Flexible work schedule, free weekly food giveaway, and free healthcare for Team Members (partial subsidy for family members)!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Champion a data-driven approach to business improvement.
- Design, develop, and deliver reports with detailed analysis to stakeholders.
- Train users to interpret data into action-oriented knowledge.
- Maintain reports over time and measure their usage and value.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Implement new data analysis methodologies.
- Review and validate data as needed.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
WHAT WE’LL LOVE ABOUT YOU
- A bachelor’s or associates degree in business, finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within business intelligence or data analysis.
- Data-oriented, curious, independent self-starter.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments.
- Experience with relational database concepts and writing SQL queries.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Competitive Pay
- Free Weekly Food Giveaway
- Free Healthcare (for Team Members & partial subsidy for family members)
- 401(k) Plan with % matching
- Paid Weekly
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Financial Education Programs
- On the Job Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts (e.g., Gym membership, Cellular service, Legal Assistance plan)
HFA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.hrsymphony.com.