Website InSynergy Engineering, Inc.
Hawaii’s largest MEP consulting engineering firm.
InSynergy Engineering, Inc. has provided Hawaii and the Pacific Basin with interdisciplinary consulting services for Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Protection and Telecommunications Engineering for over 47 years. Our office headquarters are located in Honolulu, Hawaii, and we have branch offices in Tokyo, Okinawa, and Tamuning, Guam. By having licensed Mechanical, Electrical and Fire Protection engineers under one roof, we are able to provide our clients with integrated, well-coordinated, best-value designs.
Our engineering services include work in the commercial, industrial, educational, residential, healthcare, energy and sustainability, state, city and federal market sectors by our 100 + employees.
We are looking for a positive team player to join our Admin Team here at InSynergy! A successful candidate will have the following qualities:
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn new things
- Strong sense of urgency
- Team player
- Assemble, image, and configure client workstations, laptops, and servers
- Perform onsite and remote tech support troubleshooting of hardware, software, and networking issues for various clients
- Perform Level 1 tech support fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Monitor central ticketing system to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Document any and all changes to IT environments
- Apply industry “Best Practices”
- Follow check lists to ensure a consistent result for routine and common tasks.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and FAQ resources on the Internet/intranet to aid in problem resolution
- Leverage front-line client experience to identify sales opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Typical business Hours are from 8AM – 5PM, Mon – Fri, with occasional after hours work and on-call required
· 1-2 years of experience in IT technical support
· Ability to multi-task in a team environment is essential
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing tech support issues
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Ability to absorb and retain information in a fast paced environment
· Must possess exceptional customer service orientation
· Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills is a must as this is a customer-facing role
· Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving tech support skills
· Highly self-motivated and directed with a passion for technology and I.T.
· Must achieve an industry certification within 6 months of employment
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Must pass Criminal Background Check prior to employment
· Experience with installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting a wide range of desktop hardware and software (Windows 10/11)
· Experience managing Microsoft Office 365 tenants
· Experience with Remote Control Software such as Citrix and Remote Desktop Connection
· Experience with troubleshooting printers, scanner and various other peripherals
· Experience with troubleshooting and supporting mobile devices iPhone, iPad, and Android
· Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, Gmail and other emailing apps
· Knowledge of installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019/2022 including Active Directory
· Knowledge of installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting Linux
· Familiarity with networking concepts including TCP/IP, OSI model, routing, switching, VLANs, subnetting, super subnetting and other networking concepts
· Knowledge of networking hardware (Cisco, Fortinet, routers, NG firewalls, switches and VPN appliances)
· Knowledge of back-up hardware including tape drives, USB drives and Disk-to-disk systems
· Knowledge of back-up software including Acronis, Datto, WSB, etc.
· Knowledge of RAID including various RAID controllers and general RAID knowledge
· Knowledge of building, mounting, breaking, hot spare, RAID 0/1/5/6/10
· Knowledge of VoIP including Mitel, Asterisk, Cisco UC, etc.
· Knowledge of virtualization platforms including VMware and Hyper-V
Knowledge of cloud platforms including Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Honolulu, HI 96813: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you currently located on Oahu, Hawaii?
- Are you a U.S. citizen?
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org