Duties and Responsibilities
(NOTE: ** denotes Essential Functions)
- **Support the Associate Director and Program Manager of Innovation Programs to develop execution plan to satisfy key objectives and produce outcomes that contribute to the success and sustainability of the Office of Naval Research Resilient Innovative Sustainable Economies via University Partnerships Initiative.
- **Works closely with instructors, mentors, participants, and other stakeholders with regards to (but not limited to) opportunities with innovation programs, Patents2Products and Faculty Fellows.
- **Engage in outreach activities, including assisting in the development of marketing content and promotional opportunities to recruit program participants; faculty, students, instructors, mentors, guest speakers, guest judges, etc. for program workshops, seminars, and events.
- **Help coordinate and collaborate to plan and launch successful events for the programs, i.e. technology innovation showcase event to increase visibility of UH research developments.
- **Collaborate with Program Manager and Associate Director to expand and develop new program content to enhance program participants’ engagement in innovation through experiential learning opportunities.
- **Assist with day-to-day operations of programs; manage enrollment, participation, and progress of programs, facilitate course logistical planning and development.
- **Contribute to the development, implementation, and assembly of program reports and presentations, including data analysis for tracking activities, metrics, and outcomes of programs to evaluate and measure impact, and provide suggestions for process and program improvements.
- **Assist with the planning and execution of multiple assignments simultaneously.
- **Assist during execution phase; have the equipment, space, setup, and IT assistance they need to be productive.
- **Coordinate and deploy pulse surveys to assess engagement and seek feedback ensuring continuous process improvements.
- **Maintain compliance with standard operating procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in business, engineering, natural sciences, life sciences or related fields and 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience in coordinator roles related to higher education, business, innovation and entrepreneurship, technology development or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the area of supporting innovation and entrepreneurship programs as demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with technology transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range of problems that may commonly occur in the area of technology transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to see opportunities/problems from different perspectives and effectively address such opportunities/problems.
- Possess organizational, time management, and communication skills (oral and written) with specific emphasis on strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills and have the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with challenging situations, maintain a customer service orientation at all times, using discretion when accessing and handling confidential information.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to assess workload, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines to successfully manage concurrent projects for multiple areas with accuracy.
- Self-starter with ability to adapt to change and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
Title: Institutional/Policy Analyst (Innovation Programs Coordinator)
Position Number: 0079254T
Hiring Unit: VP Research and Innovation, Office of Innovation and Commercialization
Location: Manoa Campus
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with education and experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Temporary/Permanent: Temporary – Not to Exceed: June 30, 2023
Other Conditions: Annually renewable every July 1 contingent upon performance and availability of funds. One (1) position will be filled, at either a Band A or Band B, dependent upon education and experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.