- Utilizes an advanced understanding of The Queen’s Health Systems’ (QHS) technology, applications, products and services to provide Level 3 technical support to clients via email, phone or in person.
- Diagnoses desktop computers, tablets, smart phones, network systems and software applications accurately and quickly in the presence of end users.
- Leads the facilitation/coordination of decision making and issue resolution with IT resources and vendors in resolving the most difficult IT systems and applications issues.
- Leads root cause analysis on Severity 1 issues.
- Leads the development and delivery of training, best practices, and support policies and procedures for customer support analysts and technicians.
- May supervise and direct work of assigned staff.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Continuous: seeing, speaking, repetitive arm/hand motions, sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
- Frequent: standing, sitting, walking, finger dexterity, hearing.
- Occasional: stooping/bending, carrying usual weight of 12 pounds, reaching above shoulder level. Operates computer equipment and copy machines.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
- Work schedule includes providing 24 hours/7 days a week support as required.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or related field; or four (4) years IT experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
Current certification in one (1) or more of the following preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Other application certifications (Peoplesoft, EPIC, etc.)
- HDI Support Center Manager (HDI SCM)
- ITIL Intermediate
- Application Lifecycle Management (MCSD)
- CompTIA Network o VMware Certi?ed Associate (VCA)
In addition to the educational requirement, three (3) years end user technology support experience.
Familiar with ITIL processes such as incident management, change management, software release management, asset management, HW/SW Standards, etc.
Experience with desktop virtualization technologies such as Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix XenApp, VMWare View, or VMWare ThinApp.
Strong problem solving, time management and interpersonal skills.
Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical/user issues.
Prior supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
To apply for this job please visit www.salary.com.