Website Hawaiian Airlines
Post Date: 9/11/2020
Title: Platform Engineer, IT – End User Support
Department: Information Technology
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
Our End User Computing Engineers specialize in the IT systems that directly support our workforce – namely PCs, collaboration systems, printers, and mobile devices — as well as the backend tooling and infrastructure to power those systems.
As members of our Platform Engineering job family, End User Computing Engineers are highly technical and manage all aspects of the technology lifecycle in their area. They investigate new technologies, plan for technology introduction or retirement, integrate with other systems, and help operations and users adopt new systems.
- Provide secure, robust, performant, and cost-effective IT solutions for our workforce and customers
- Provide consulting & guidance on platform components and tooling to other teams
- Actively research new technology and, when beneficial, bring it to production for Hawaiian Airlines
- Act as the subject matter experts on end-user devices and collaboration technologies, setting the long-term roadmaps and leading teams to improve those technologies
- Improve operations by providing our ops teams with appropriate automations and tooling
- Oversee change to our technology base ensuring appropriate documentation, testing, and work instructions are in place
- Provide top level support for situations where operations staff and vendors are unable to resolve issues
- Work with our facilities groups to design and build new offices, or make changes to existing facilities
- Package up new software for distribution to our PCs or mobile devices
- Incorporate architectural guidelines, business needs, cost and technology considerations when designing new platform components
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s)
- Analyze, design, program viable solutions for medium complexity business problems
- Occasionally run projects of small complexity — leading team members to accomplish stated objectives
- Support the organization’s project management policy, practice and methodology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of professional work experience and/or education
- 3 years’ work experience in Information Technology or related fields
- Strong written and verbal skills as much of the work will be in highly collaborative environments. A friendly persona and good teamwork are a must
- Strong, production knowledge of the Microsoft windows ecosystem: Active Directory, GPOs, software distribution, windows desktop, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Basic familiarity with networking technology: route/switch, cabling, tcp/ip, subnetting, etc.
- Experience with the Microsoft collaboration suite: O365, Skype, Teams, etc.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, physical schematics, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Good mechanical aptitude as there will be times the engineer must devise custom solutions for enclosures, cable routing, mounting brackets, etc.
- Experience documenting infrastructure designs
- Experience patching, securing and maintaining hardware and operating systems
- Experience implementing monitoring and alerting systems for visibility to infrastructure health and performance
- Desire and ability to keep up to date on latest automation, testing and monitoring technologies and bring them to true production readiness for our stack
- Ability to create knowledge documents for use in training operations personnel
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems of medium complexity
- Ability to review technical work of others/coach
- Must be flexible and available to work outside of normal business hours when needed
- B.S., Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
Airline or related industry experience
- Experience supporting Macs and/or other Apple products
Experience with configuration management at scale: Puppet, DSC, SCCM, etc.
- Facilities construction or related experience
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 16 years (2004-2019) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 91st year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i’s biggest and longest-serving airline. In 2019, Hawaiian offered nonstop flights between Hawai‘i and more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service connecting the islands with Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian is operating an adjusted schedule of daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands and between Hawai‘i and the U.S. west coast to support essential travel and critical cargo services.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests and employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures across its business. While the experience may be a little different, the authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged. Additional details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees safe can be found at HawaiianAirlines.com/KeepingYouSafe.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit rn11.ultipro.com.