Paubox is a remote-first B2B startup changing the game around HIPAA compliant communication, providing secure communication for modern healthcare. We are a series A company with over 5,000 customers that leverages customer feedback to build innovative email security solutions that our customers love. Our patented email security features protect healthcare organizations from internal and external cybersecurity threats, all with an unwavering focus on ease of use, security, and reliability.
Pauboxers are an eclectic group of individuals from across the US, who find commonality in our customer-driven mission to make secure communication easier in healthcare.
At Paubox, we strive to create a remote workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and transparent. But being remote doesn’t stop us from building connections! Pauboxers connect through casual non-work Slack channels, quarterly team bonding events, one-on-one virtual coffee chats, and the occasional team or company-wide offsite retreat.
About the role
Paubox is seeking a highly skilled DevOps Engineer with expertise in email systems and infrastructure to join our growing team. As a DevOps Engineer you will play a critical role in enhancing and maintaining our infrastructure while also contributing to our broader DevOps efforts. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of our powerful suite of Paubox services.
This is a fully-remote, US-based position.
- Design, deploy, and maintain email infrastructure, including email servers, SMTP relays, and anti-spam/anti-phishing solutions
- Monitor email systems for performance, security, and availability, proactively addressing any issues that may arise
- Develop and maintain automation scripts and tools for email system provisioning, configuration, and updates
- Implement configuration management practices to ensure consistency and reliability across email servers
- Stay up-to-date with email security threats and vulnerabilities, taking proactive measures to mitigate risks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, security, and development, to integrate email systems with other services
- Implement and enforce security best practices for email systems, including encryption, authentication, and access control
- Create and maintain documentation for email system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks in email systems, optimizing resource utilization and response times
- Conduct regular performance testing and tuning to ensure optimal email delivery
- Participate in on-call rotations to provide timely response to email system incidents and outages
- Act as the team’s subject matter expert for all infrastructure related items
- Troubleshoot and resolve email-related issues, ensuring minimal impact on business operations
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies related to email systems and DevOps practices
- Recommend and implement improvements to enhance the overall reliability and efficiency of email services
What you’ll need to succeed
- 5+ years of DevOps experience utilizing AWS
- Experience with overseeing microservices
- Experience with email protocols including SMTP, IMAP, POP3 and email delivery best practices
- Scripting and automation skills using Salt and Terraform
- Familiarity with email security standards and tools (e.g., SPF, DKIM, DMARC, anti-spam filters)
- Experience with Postfix and SpamAssassin
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git) and CI/CD pipelines
- Security Awareness – proper credential handling, safe SQL queries, and general ability to self-direct identification and remediation of security issues
- Proficiency in navigating and managing the Linux file system using command-line tools, with familiarity in common distributions and their package managers
- Competence in basic system administration tasks including user/group management, system resource monitoring, process management, and basic network troubleshooting using standard Linux utilities
- Ability to balance the trade-offs of perfection versus development, commensurate with the company size as it grows
What you’ll get from us
- A fully-remote work environment, no RTO here!
- Cigna or Kaiser Permanente healthcare coverage (location dependent)
- Dental and vision insurance through Guardian
- 401(k) retirement account
- Sick and vacation time totally 28 days per year
- 8 paid annual holidays
- Stock option grants
- Company-provided Macbook
- $500 quarterly stipend for professional development
Salary data for this role
- Base salary range: $140,000 to $170,000 annually, depending on experience
- Potential for quarterly bonus
To apply for this job please visit ats.rippling.com.