Website Kamehameha Schools
Job Posting Title
Python Applications Engineer – Investment Management
Recruiting Start Date
Recruiting End Date
Open Until Filled
Aloha mai! Mahalo for your interest in Kamehameha Schools. If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!
The Investment Management Group is searching for a Python Applications Engineer to build and maintain our investment quantitative models. We are looking for a talented Python programmer with curiosity in data wrangling and investment modelling; plus an interest in using their talents to help a world-class organization effectively deploy its resources in pursuit of its educational mission. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with emphasis on accuracy and quality, and willing to work collaboratively with a team of in-house and outsourced developers.
In addition to base salary, employees will be eligible for inclusion in the Investment Management Group’s Incentive Compensation Plan (bonus). This opportunity is available to candidates willing and able to work at office locations in Hawaii or California. This opportunity also allows for remote/work from home opportunities on Fridays.
Design investment applications based on user requirement while observing enterprise architectural requirements. Review user interface based on user requirement while incorporating service oriented architecture to enable non-user interactivity. Design application integration based on user requirements and system needs while following enterprise integration strategies and standards. Design application security based on user requirements and information security office guidelines. Perform programming task based on design specifications. Suggest and design coding standard.
- Work with investment analysts and team members to gather investment model requirements.
- Build python modules to address the data and business logic requirements using FLASK, Pandas, anaconda, and/or numpy.
- Construct unit-tests based on test cases.
- Perform change management tasks (check out, check in, document, release management, pre-staging/pre-production migration). Perform application (vendor-based) patch management (monitor patch release, evaluate impact, create and coordinate implementation plan, and follow general SDLC).
- Write and maintain user guide for applications. Write and maintain programming documentation. Write and maintain support guides. Write and maintain application installation guides. Write and maintain technical design documentation.
Minimum Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
- Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with technical personnel and non-technical users, managers, vendors, and consultants.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability analyzing and troubleshooting software systems and correcting logic and design flaws. Follow KS’ testing methodology.
- Ability to apply best practices to ensure proper application change management. Ability to manage software releases.
- Excellent team player and the ability to work with on-site, near-site and off-shore teams.
To apply for this job please visit ksbe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.