Performs remote troubleshooting (level 1 and above) and dispatch on incoming support requests via multiple channels. Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems and provides application software testing for standard desktop applications and business unit applications. Performs deployments and diagnostics. Maintains business desktop, server, and network systems.
- Receive telephone calls from users having problems or questions using computer software, computer hardware, telecom devices or network access.• Resolve first level problems such as system availability, invalid sign on, invalid password, system “locked”, etc.
- Escalate non-resolved problems to Systems Analysts if further action is required.
Determine cause of problems and route to the appropriate resource if problem is not resolved at first level.
- Verify and maintain status of all problems reported and close the request when problem has been solved to the expectations of the user.
- Complete daily support call documentation within 24 hours of close of business day.
Schedule and dispatch engineers onsite.
- Keep abreast of new software and hardware product developments.
- Perform end user setup and moves of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Install and maintain desktop computers, peripheral components and telecom devices.
- Install and maintain desktop PC software including operating systems, desktop tools, utilities, business unit applications and custom software.
- Work with Systems Analysts to improve skills and handle support issues.
- Ensure that Support Desk always has coverage by coordinating lunches and breaks with team.
- Perform deployments and diagnostics.
- Maintain business server and network systems.
- Perform patch management, user, file, and print administration, documentation, upgrading, migrations, and troubleshooting.
- Perform desktop imaging and deployment.
- Manage the coordination of projects and technologies between infrastructure design and server/application.
- Assist in testing of software products used by computer users.
- Develop and maintain documentation for desktop hardware, software, telecom devices and peripheral components.
- Identify recurring problems and issues involving support issues for referral to development or training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications and Experience
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years performing technical support in an IT environment.
- Must possess knowledge and experience in Windows Server, Citrix, and Terminal Server environments.
- Must possess knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktop operating systems, applications, networking, computer desktop hardware, and local/network printing.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- CompTIA, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix or Cisco technical certifications required.
- Valid Hawaii Driver’s License and use of own vehicle required.
- This position allows remote work for current Hawaii residents located on Oahu.
- Must be able to travel and work off-site at customer locations. Required to work nights and weekends when necessary.
This position requires proof of vaccination. The Company requires that all employees be vaccinated or be approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.