If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!
Kamehameha Schools’ Investment Management Group (“IMG”) is searching for a Python Applications Engineer to build and maintain our investment quantitative models. We are looking for a talented Python programmer with curiosity in data wrangling and investment modelling; plus an interest in using their talents to help a world-class organization effectively deploy its resources in pursuit of its educational mission. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker with emphasis on accuracy and quality, and willing to work collaboratively with a team of in-house and outsourced developers.
The base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is between $84,000 and $131,700. The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. Additionally, this role may be eligible for inclusion in the Investment Management Group’s Incentive Compensation plan. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
This opportunity is available to candidates willing and able to work at office locations in Hawaii or California. This opportunity also allows for remote/work from home opportunities on Fridays.
Design investment applications based on user requirement while observing enterprise architectural requirements. Review user interface based on user requirement while incorporating service oriented architecture to enable non-user interactivity. Design application integration based on user requirements and system needs while following enterprise integration strategies and standards. Design application security based on user requirements and information security office guidelines. Perform programming task based on design specifications. Suggest and design coding standard.
- Work with investment analysts and team members to gather investment model requirements.
- Build python modules to address the data and business logic requirements using FLASK, Pandas, anaconda, and/or numpy.
- Construct unit-tests based on test cases.
- Perform change management tasks (check out, check in, document, release management, pre-staging/pre-production migration). Perform application (vendor-based) patch management (monitor patch release, evaluate impact, create and coordinate implementation plan, and follow general SDLC).
- Write and maintain user guide for applications. Write and maintain programming documentation. Write and maintain support guides. Write and maintain application installation guides. Write and maintain technical design documentation.
Minimum Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the requirements listed.
- Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, with technical personnel and non-technical users, managers, vendors, and consultants.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability analyzing and troubleshooting software systems and correcting logic and design flaws. Follow KS’ testing methodology.
- Ability to apply best practices to ensure proper application change management. Ability to manage software releases.
- Excellent team player and the ability to work with on-site, near-site and off-shore teams.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Frequently sits, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
Working Conditions (including environmental conditions)
- This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
For Internal Use Only: #LI-CA #LI-Hybrid
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com or 808-534-8040 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Investment Management Group at SALT
FAD – San Francisco
To apply for this job please visit ksbe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.