Calling all non-traditional software engineers!
Join the team to design, develop, and implement innovative software with an emphasis on algorithm development and reusable architectures for high-throughput data processing. Interact with Oceanit’s scientists and engineers as well as external customers to define requirements and present results. We are looking for someone who will thrive in Oceanit’s transdisciplinary, fast-paced, creative environment.
Oceanit is a Mind to Market company that develops innovative solutions from fundamental science and engineering to deliver technologies and solutions that make the world a better place. Since our founding in Hawai’i in 1985, Oceanit’s projects and products have addressed problems in diverse global markets such as energy, aerospace, healthcare, software & artificial intelligence, coastal & environmental engineering, optics & sensors, and more. Lead small project-based software teams and work within a horizontal management structure and an agile team environment.
- Develop and implement innovative algorithms to solve novel problems
- Design, develop, modify, debug, and test software and instrumentation for infrared cameras/hardware using C/C++, Rust, CUDA, Python, and other programming languages
- Use standard tools for configuration management, issue tracking, etc. Document software APIs and user interfaces
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable, and extensible code. Responsible for timely delivery of assigned software deliverables
- Troubleshoot, test, and analyze problems and determine solutions, including testing of new equipment and operational guidelines of data gathering systems.
- Collaborate with other staff to design, develop, implement and maintain software products for high-throughput data processing for infrared cameras or other applications.
- Prepare reports on activities of teams, test performance and recommend strategies to improve results.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Masters degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Astronomy, Physics, or other appropriate technology field.
- Experience in developing software for cameras/infrared hardware is desirable.
- Experience designing and documenting software algorithms and architectures
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork skills, high initiative, recent experience with all aspects of the software development process.
- Experience in one or more of the following: high-performance computing, user interface design, instrument control, image processing, natural language processing, cyber security, scientific data analysis, artificial intelligence, machine learning, agent-based systems
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.