**Hybrid Work Environment – Must reside in Hawaii **
To provide outstanding support for HMSA customers who are having technical difficulty using HMSA’s public-facing electronic applications. This person will combine technical knowledge and skills with business knowledge to help resolve technical customer issues and their overall customer experiences on hmsa.com, or other web/mobile customer applications offered by HMSA. This person will resolve the technical issues and problems for web and mobile client products, hardware, software, applications, and related components that are of moderate to expert complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical Issue Resolution and Customer Service
- Act as a technical liaison between HMSA and our customer. Take ownership of every customer interaction as the subject matter expert to ensure the customer’s needs are resolved in every instance with just one contact. This involves coordinating with all impacted areas including HMSA internal business areas, internal IS areas, as well as external contacts including customers and external support entities/vendors.
- Resolve technical issues the customer is having with hmsa.com website, MyAccount functionality, and mobile applications and software.
- Process Improvement and Innovation
- Take direct action to identify research and implement process improvement ideas that improve the customer experience and reduce inquiry volume, costs, or increases efficiency across the organization.
- Initiate and support innovative solutions that promote customer education, services, and self-servicing functionality by participating in innovative sessions to brainstorm, design, test, maintain, document, and promote.
- Participate with internal staff to resolve issues and identify areas that will improve the customer experience and customer ability to self-serve.
- Based on customer feedback, work with HMSA IS staff, business staff, and vendors to identify enhancements that will increase benefit to all customers using HMSA electronic products and services.
- Implementation Monitoring and Record Management
- Service Monitoring: Monitor service and implementation activities to ensure that customer expectations and service level goals are met. Provide coordination for special projects or problems that require specific attention. Submit regular status reports on achievement of service levels in implementation and production.
- – Ensure understanding and application of HMSA Compliance Programs and regulatory requirements, as well as federal programs such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Monitor implementation / delivery of services to ensure compliance. Submit regular status reports.
- Ensure detailed tracking records are kept of each customer contact, which will be used to update the internal knowledgebase and public-facing resources.
- Project Work
- Serve as a project team member for projects of small to large scope and primarily moderate (typical) to high complexity (occasional). This includes helping to test hmsa.com, or other web/mobile customer applications offered by HMSA when appropriate.
- Other Duties/Functions
- Perform all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed.
Exempt or Non-Exempt
- Associate’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate and three years of relevant information technology work experience, or equivalent work experience. May substitute a higher-level degree, specialized training, certification, and less work experience.
- Experience in healthcare or related field (e.g., customer service, retail, and finance).
- Experience providing user support to websites and/or mobile applications.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support and troubleshooting of web applications.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the moderately complex to complex hardware and software products.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical issues in layman’s terms and good phone skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer processes and experience using websites and mobile applications.
- Strong critical thinking, researching, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.